Systems Interqual, EPIC, 13 weeks with extensions until they find perm. GA RN license. They are not a compact state.
Evaluating medical necessity and appropriateness of scheduled and direct/emergent admissions, surgeries, and other procedures/tests. Coordinates progression of care as well as resource utilization across the continuum. 2 Years of experience.
Looking for people with good communication skills, as they work very closely with the physicians and will have family conferences. Case load will be 40 and the case manager will have 2 social workers.. Piedmont has a very high acuity as they do a lot of complex surgeries and they have a very high CMI.
Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the patient’s care including the daily plan and the plan for the stay. Performs patient care review activities including monitoring and correcting patient status, documentation for medical necessity of admission and continued hospitalization and concurrent review. Educates patients and families about their hospital course and identifying patient’s discharge needs.
Peak Health Solutions, an AMN Healthcare company, is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
1. Provide initial and ongoing assessments of the patients’ needs for services in collaboration with the healthcare team. Monitor and evaluate utilization of those services to focus on the best treatment and approach for the patient promoting the timely progression of interventions, utilization of resources and expected outcomes within a length of stay consistent with external regulations and standards.
2. Provide utilization management including facilitating appropriate status assignment per Medicare and InterQual criteria. Ensure appropriate documentation for medical necessity of admission and continued hospitalization. Ensure appropriate level of care bed assignment, apply/interpret payer criteria to ensure conformance with payer standards and provide insurance reviews. Implement opportunities to improve effectiveness in utilization.
3. Provide transition planning coordination to include identifying needs and implementing referrals to other clinical care providers. Evaluate patient progress and revise the care plan if needed. Act as a resource for physician office, physician and staff regarding Intensity Severity Discharge (ISD) criteria. Identify barriers to achieving patients discharge and assist the care team in overcoming them.
4. Provide patient/family education to facilitate an understanding of their hospital and post-hospital course, their status assignment and discharge appeal rights and provide advocacy for their care.
5. Effectively communicate and provide clear and concise documentation according to department standards and regulatory requirements. Refer to appropriate internal and community resources as necessary.
6. Act as care management resource by demonstrating critical thinking, portraying a professional image of competency to customer and staff and demonstrating effective verbal and written communication with everyone. Maintain knowledge of CMS, Medicaid, and regulatory agency standards, Department of Health (DOH), Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA). Serve as a clinical resource and/or liaison.
7. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.